This year our Easter was Wicked awesome! All lame puns aside, we got tickets to go see Wicked at the Capital Theater. It was so good. All the cast members were amazing. I really think Elphaba sounded just like Idina Menzel, the original Broadway Elphaba. And Galinda was so funny. She sounded a lot like the original, Kristin Chenoweth, but her acting was a little like a cross between Amy Poehler and Molly Shannon. She was amazing. We were laughing so hard.When we first got the tickets for Wicked we were just scrambling to get anything we could, it was only a few weeks later when we realized it was going to be on Easter Sunday. What to do, what to do? Sell the tickets? No, we went, and I am so glad we did.
One of my favorite parts of Easter is all the little girls in their Easter dresses. I was so sad that I was going to miss it. My parents so graciously offered to watch the girls, and take them to church in their lovely Easter dresses. They looked so pretty.
Ruby got this little glow worm in her Easter basket. She loves it
Molly's favorite treat in her Easter basket was the fake fingernails. She has been wanting them forever. Every time we walk past them at the store she asks for them. The Easter Bunny did not disappoint.
Here are the kiddos in their beautiful Easter Dresses. I didn't get a good picture of it, but this is how I did Molly's hair. It was so cute.
Here's how Ruby's hair was done. So cute.
A little Easter egg hunt finished off the day.

2 comments:
we were there the day before for the matinee, we had the understudy glinda and she was OK. We saw it in Seattle a few years ago and she was better there, but Elphaba was fantastic. Glad you had a fun easter.
I've seen Wicked THREE TIMES! Broadway, LA, and most recently, Portland! I am mildly obsessed! We went with my family, and I kinda had to explain it to my dad...you know, because it's VERY deep! Who did you kill to get tickets? They were impossible to come by...that's why we had to fly to Oregon!
Post a Comment